|Rexel Mercury RSX1630||Jam Free – 30 Litre Bin – Self-Cleaning||High end||CHECK PRICE NOW|
|Fellowes Powershred 79Ci||100% Jam Proof – Silent Operation – 14 Sheet Capacity||Mid range||CHECK PRICE NOW|
|Swordfish 1000XC||Credit Card Slot – 20 Litre Bin – Infra Red Sensor||Mid range||CHECK PRICE NOW|
|Rexel Style+||Credit Card Slot – 12 Litre Bin – Seven Sheet Capacity||Affordable||CHECK PRICE NOW|
|Amazon Basics||CD Slot – 5 Minute Run Time – Auto Start||Affordable||CHECK PRICE NOW|
Paper Shredders For The Home Office – Top 5 On The Market 2017 – 2018
- 1 Paper Shredders For The Home Office – Top 5 On The Market 2017 – 2018
With more and more emphasis on protecting your personal information and identity, the need to dispose of paperwork safely is very important. One of the easiest ways to achieve this, is to use a paper shredder. Most modern shredders are equipped with cross cutting blades to make reading any print very difficult. As well as paper, many shredders also dispose of CD’s as well to destroy sensitive information. This list features the top five shredders that you can use in the home.
Rexel Mercury RSX1630 Cross Cut Paper Shredder Review – Our Number 1
Rexel (CHECK PRICE NOW!) are one of the top companies when it comes to stationary equipment and this shredder is a well-made product. It has all the features that you need and comes with a high capacity bin to collect the shredded paper. Here are some of its best features.
- The blades are designed with jam free technology to prevent the common problem with paper shredders. It means that you can feed many pages at once without having to unblock the blades.
- The high capacity 30 litre bin is large enough to collect all the shredded paper for many pages. This means you won’t need to empty it very often.
- The cutters are also designed to be self-cleaning. This means you won’t have to get your fingers near to the blades in order to clean away paper fibres left behind.
- The shredder comes with very useful recyclable bags. You can then place the whole bag with the shredded paper in the recycling without any mess.
This strong and powerful shredder from Rexel is well designed and has some well devised features. It would be a perfect choice for the home or small business.
Features: Jam Free – 30 Litre Bin – Self-Cleaning
Pricing: High End
Products from Amazon.co.uk
Price: £41.99Was: £117.19
Price: £47.99Was: £49.99
Fellowes Powershred 79Ci Review – Number 2
- The jam proof system means that it has the power to drive through even the thickest paper without stopping. This is ideal if you have a lot of documents to shred.
- Silentshred technology allows the shredder to operate very quietly. This means the unit can be kept in an open office environment or in the house without causing disruption.
- For ultimate safety, the shredder is equipped with SafeSense technology. This immediately stops the shredder when hands come into contact with the entry slot.
- This product can easily shred up to 14 sheets of A4 paper with each pass. This means you can shred more paper and save you time.
The Fellowes Powershred 79Ci is a very powerful shredder that has strong blades and great built-in safety features. It is even equipped with wheels so that it can be easily manoeuvred.
Features: 100% Jam Proof – Silent Operation – 14 Sheet Capacity
Swordfish 1000XC Review – Number 3
The Swordfish 1000XC is another well-built machine that has all the features you need. Not as big or powerful as the high-end models, this is still a great choice for the home. Here are some of its features.
- It can shred up to 10 sheets of 80gsm paper at once. This is equivalent to the thickness of standard A4 paper. It means you can work through your paperwork quickly.
- There is a separate slot specially designed for shredding credit cards. This is far more secure than simply cutting them with scissors.
- The slide-out 20 litre paper bin has enough capacity to hold 150 sheets of shredded paper. You won’t have to empty the bin for a while of regular use.
- There is an infra-red start/stop sensor that will stop the blades from rotating once the paper has passed through.
This shredder from Swordfish is a great home office machine that can handle every day shredding. It has four castors to make it easy to move around and many nice features for the price.
Features: Credit Card Slot – 20 Litre Bin – Infra Red Sensor
Rexel Style+ Review – Number 4
This stylish shredder from Rexel is designed to fit in with modern home office or small business rooms. It has cross cut blades and a good capacity bin that is easy to empty. Here are some of its features.
- The shredder can handle up to seven sheets at a time. This is perfect for regular home use and makes it easy to shred important paperwork.
- There is a separate credit card slot so you don’t have to cut them up with scissors. It also effectively shreds the security chip in the card.
- The 12 litre capacity bin pulls out easily so you can empty it without a lot of mess. It can hold many shredded sheets so it doesn’t need emptying very often.
- There is a simple stop/start operation as well as a reverse function in the event of a paper jam.
The Rexel Style+ Cross Cut Shredder has all the features you want from a shredder while adding a stylish design that will make it look good in the office.
Features: Credit Card Slot – 12 Litre Bin – Seven Sheet Capacity
Amazon Basics Cross-Cut Shredder Review – Number 5
- The shredder has a separate slot for CD’s DVD’s and credit cards. This is a stronger blade than the paper blade and will cut to into small pieces.
- The paper feed can shred up to 12 sheets of A4 paper at one time. This is more than enough for most homes.
- There is a 5 minute continuous run time for those with a lot of shredding and a 30 minute cool down afterwards.
- It has an auto start function as well as a manual reverse switch for paper jams. This gives you full control over the shredder.
The Amazon Basics Cross-Cut Shredder is perfect for those that have the occasional paperwork that needs shredding but certainly not recommended for the frequent user.
Features: CD Slot – 5 Minute Run Time – Auto Start
The number one product goes to the Rexel Mercury RSX1630 Cross Cut Shredder. It has a powerful motor to cut through many sheets in one go and a high capacity bin to reduce the frequency of emptying.